CRB, HRT, MRD, & PAD Awards Administration
Research Support Awards (RSA), Funding Initiative for Multiracial Democracy (MRD), and Performing Arts and Design (PAD)
To ensure that Campus Research Board funds are used appropriately, please keep the following guidelines in mind:
- Awarded funds are to be used only for the approved project.
- All award expenditures must comply with University and State regulations for account administration, as outlined in the Business and Financial Policies and Procedures Manual.
- PIs are responsible for assuring that funds are used appropriately and are strongly encouraged to work closely with their department/unit business officer.
- Award funding is available for 18 months.
The Process: CFOP Creation, CFOP Details, Expiration Dates, and Extensions
The OVCR Business Office requests the creation of Program/Fund Codes.
- CRB Financial Managers enter a 6-digit ORG for each award
- University Accounting creates Program/Fund codes
- PI accepts responsibility for the award
- PI and CRB Financial Manager(s) receive the award CFOP
Research Board Award CFOPs differ from other campus CFOPs.
- Unique NACUBO Function Code of 1180
- Departments/units are not permitted to transfer funds to/from a CRB CFOP
- Permanent or recurring charges are not permitted to use CRB CFOPs
CRB CFOPs may not be used as defaults for P-Card/T-Card transactions or continuing purchase order.
Awards expire 18 months after the project start date.
- The OVCR Business Office will send reminders to the PI and CRB Financial Managers 3 months, 2 months, and then again 1 month prior to the award expiration date.
- The PI must resolve any deficits in the CRB account within 45 days following the expiration date.
- Labor distributions on the CFOP must be effective prior to the expiration date.
- Any remaining funds at the award expiration date will be recovered by the Campus Research Board.
- OVCR Business Office will terminate Program/Fund codes once an award has a zero balance and either the award has expired or consent of the PI is given.
The Research Board will consider extensions.
- May be approved for 12 additional months
- PIs should provide detailed information related to need for extension
- Only one extension per award
- Extension requests should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org