Due to current financial constraints and budget uncertainties, we anticipate supporting fewer proposals submitted for the March 2016 deadline than in recent rounds of review.
The Illinois Campus Research Board was established in June of 1932 to serve the campus as a conduit for the distribution of funding to support tenured/tenure-track faculty members’ research projects. The Board expects to:
- Support research projects conducted by tenure-track faculty
- Support research projects that are critical to tenure-track faculty members’ scholarship
- Provide funding for research in new and/or interdisciplinary directions
- Provide support for preliminary studies to improve the potential for attracting external research support
- Provide support for important research in fields for which external support is either quite limited or unavailable
Please note the maximum request allowed is $30,000.00
The Research Board is above all committed to fostering excellence in research, scholarship, and creative activities.
Please note that Research Board funds are not intended to be a source of continuing support for research activities or research facilities.
Research Board Application Information Sessions
Mariselle Meléndez, Executive Officer of the Campus Research Board; Ex-officio member, offers Research Board Application Office Hours and special information sessions for the Research Board application.
For information on times and availability please click here.