The Illinois Campus Research Board was established in June of 1932 to serve the campus as a conduit for the distribution of funding to faculty members in support of individual or group research projects. The Board expects to:
- Help new faculty initiate their research on this campus
- Help pre-tenure faculty complete critical scholarship
- Provide seed money for research in new and/or interdisciplinary directions
- Provide support for preliminary studies to improve the potential for attracting external research support
- Supplement the resources available from campus units and external sponsors
- Provide support for important research in fields for which external support is either quite limited or unavailable
Please note the maximum request allowed is $30,000.00.
The Research Board is above all committed to fostering excellence in research, scholarship, and creative activities.
Please note that Board funds are not intended to be a source of continuing support for research activities or research facilities.
Research Board Application Information Sessions
Nancy Abelmann, Representative of the Office of Vice Chancellor for Research to the Research Board; Ex-officio member, offers Research Board Application Office Hours and special "How to Write a Strong Research Board Application" information sessions.
For information on times and availability please click here.