The Illinois Campus Research Board was established in June of 1932 to serve the campus as a conduit for the distribution of funding to support tenured/tenure-track faculty members’ research projects. The Board expects to:
- Support research projects conducted by tenure-track faculty
- Support research projects that are critical to tenure-track faculty members’ scholarship
- Provide seed funding for research in new and/or interdisciplinary directions
- Provide support for preliminary studies to improve the potential for attracting external research support
- Provide support for important research in fields for which external support is either quite limited or unavailable
Please note the maximum request allowed is $30,000.00
The Research Board is above all committed to fostering excellence in research, scholarship, and creative activities.
Please note that Research Board funds are not intended to be a source of continuing support for research activities or research facilities.
Research Board Application Information Sessions
Mariselle Meléndez, Acting Executive Secretary of the Campus Research Board; Ex-officio member, offers Research Board Application Office Hours and special information sessions for the Research Board application.
For information on times and availability please click here.